New website feedback

Forums Website News and Help New website feedback

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Mark Phillips
    Participant

Great update and works better on mobile too.
    The homepage is mostly responsive but the top 4 buttons: Discover, Explore, Observe, Protect – aren’t. It doesn’t wrap round like other sections do.
    One comment: I feel the observing sections would be better as a fixed set of navigation images rather than a scrolling one. Don’t like to have wait to get the one I want. I know I can get it from other navigation but it seems unnecessary to be like this to me.

Good work though. As a web dev I know what’s involved.
    Mark

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

Can we have the “last post” button on the forum topics back please ? Although not perfect it at least gave the chance to find replies to earlier posts in the topic which are otherwise missed as they don’t appear at the bottom of the list.

Personally I much prefer the format used by most other forums like Cloudy Nights, Stargazers Lounge etc where all posts in a topic appear sequentially with the option to quote and link the specific post being replied to.

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

“Personally I much prefer the format used by most other forums like Cloudy Nights, Stargazers Lounge etc where all posts in a topic appear sequentially with the option to quote and link the specific post being replied to. ”

Seconded.

I also like threaded fora because it is easy to see which response applies to which predecessor. I quoted Robin’s text to make it clear that I anm responding to his as opposed to anyone else further upstream.

Grant Privett
    Participant

Silly suggestion: could the “Observe” button connect with Sky Notes instead?

John Thorpe
    Participant

Hi
    No major hassle, but I notice that when I select Account -> member album, my profile info comes up with a lot of formatting information eg Normal 0 false false false EN-AU ZH-CN X-NONE /*
    Cheers
    John

John Thorpe
    Participant

Hi
    I just entered a post which appeared for a while then disappeared. It was to say that my profile (Account –> Member Album) is now followed by a load of formatting info eg Normal 0 false false false EN-AU ZH-CN X-NONE /*.

Cheers John

AlanM
    Participant

Has the shop been removed?

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

>> Has the shop been removed?

yes, there is a new shop coming along in the near future. If you want to buy anything just contact the office in the meantime.

Callumn

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

Hi Robin,

>> Can we have the “last post” button on the forum topics back please ?

not 100% sure what you mean – but you can get to the last post on a topic by clicking on the time in the head or the topic in the text ‘and was last updated 1 minute ago’ (i.e. 1 minute in this example)

The forum is all linear now – we’ll look into having quoted replies.

Callum

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

>> One comment: I feel the observing sections would be better as a fixed set of navigation images rather than a scrolling one. Don’t like to have wait to get the one I want.

yes, this is a bit of a problem on smaller screens – if you just click on where it says SECTIONS on the menu bar it will take you to a page with all the sections.

Callum

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

>> So multiple choice searching for videos – can a video appear on more than one section by tags? Can we add tags or just the management team? For instance I came across Nick White’s very informative video about very close binary star observing and it was in the Meetings list but it should also be in the Equipment and Techniques list.

Yes, videos can be in multiple ‘sections’ – but just our YouTube admins can allocate those. I’ll ask one of them if this can be don for Nick’s video.
    Any others please just contact the web-team.

Callum

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

Hi all,

we are focussing on fixing things that are actually broken at the moment, but we will log and review all the feedback. Many thank for taking the time to comment.

Callum

Grant Privett
    Participant

Silly and unimportant comments….

Is it possible to force carriage returns in the Observer Profile? Do I need to put in the appropriate html?

Also, on the discussions, is it possible to have a link to the last post or most recent unread post or is that not possible within the new framework?

Like the dark mode….

Nick James
    Participant

Thanks for putting the recent forum posts listing back on the front page.

George Carey
    Participant

I struggled to log in – I worried that maybe maybe membership had lapsed.
    Once in I made a post (variable stars section) but could not see how to attach an image.

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

“The forum is all linear now – we’ll look into having quoted replies.”

Testing the forum linearity

Ah ok, thats good

Robin

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

A WIBNI.

Relatively low priority, but still…

The current forum interface tells us how long ago the most recent post was made in each topic. Wouldn’t It Be Nice If we could click on the column heading and be able to sort either most recent first or oldest first?

Daryl Dobbs
    Participant

I just replied to the post by Denis about G F kellaway, however my reply seems to have vanished? I’ll try again.

Daryl Dobbs
    Participant

Attempt 2 and 3 on Denis’s thread and both vanished, so I asked if the Highlands Astronomical society would pass my message onto him. it appears the thread on GF Kellaway won’t accept any replies?

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

Hi Daryl,

>> Attempt 2 and 3 on Denis’s thread and both vanished, so I asked if the Highlands Astronomical society would pass my message onto him. it appears the thread on GF Kellaway won’t accept any replies?

Both replies were “hidden” and needed to be approved – i’m not sure why that might be, but I approved both and the replies now appear.
    Will try to work out why they needed approval.

Callum

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.