[BAA-ebulletin 00634] Christmas meeting videos

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Sun Dec 11 17:31:45 GMT 2011

I've just uploaded the videos from yesterday's Christmas Meeting. You
can access this material by logging in to the BAA website and then
selecting Members->Videos. The videos are in MP4 format and they should
play on most PCs and most mobile devices.

If you have not yet registered for the members' only section of the
website you can do this by selecting Members->Register.

The videos available are:

- The end of the world in 2012? - The astronomical evidence (Prof.
Jocelyn Bell Burnell)

- Pulsars: Nature's finest clocks (Prof. Andrew Lyne)

- Sky Notes (Nick James)

This was a very popular meeting and there were not enough seats in the
auditorium for everyone. Unfortunately, for reasons outside of our
control, the audio feed to the overflow rooms was not working correctly.
For those affected these videos will give you a chance to watch (and
hear) the talks on your own PC. For others, who were not able to come
along, we hope these videos provide a useful service.

Let me know if you have any problems playing these videos or any
suggestions for how we can improve the service.

The next BAA Ordinary meeting is on Wednesday, January 25th.

Nick James (ndj at nickdjames.com)