[BAA-ebulletin 00556] WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR 'STARGAZING LIVE' EVENTS

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Wed Jan 26 08:40:44 GMT 2011

BAA e-bulletin, 2011 Jan. 25
WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR 'STARGAZING LIVE' EVENTS

Many BAA members and affiliated local societies took part in events
associated with the BBC's Stargazing LIVE programmes at the beginning of the
month.  Although we realise that a few events have still to take place over
this coming weekend, just before the New Moon, most will have already been
completed and will have been assessed by those who took part.

We would like to hear from all those individual BAA members and local
societies who arranged events around Stargazing LIVE.  It is the intention
to publish a summary of such events in a forthcoming issue of the BAA
Journal.  We need to hear of your experiences during your particular events,
especially any anecdotes or incidents which took place, or interesting
outcomes arising from them.

If you have any good images of BAA members 'in action' during these events,
observing, giving presentations, or just interacting with members of the
general public, they would be most welcome.  We would prefer to receive
pictures that are not 'posed'.  Images should be sent as high res. jpegs
wherever possible.

Contributions from individuals or from local societies should be no more
than 250 words in length, and should describe the nature of the event, when
and where it took place, how many people attended, and any interesting
anecdotes, outcomes or comments that the writer feels are relevant.

Please email material to the BAA Office at office at britastro.org or by post
to BAA Stargazing LIVE events, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0DU.

We look forward to hearing how you got on and to publishing a summary of the
events in the Journal.

John Mason
BAA Press and Publicity Officer
email: docjohn at dircon.co.uk

51 Orchard Way, Barnham, West Sussex PO22 0HX