[BAA-ebulletin 00594] Historical Section Meeting - Saturday May 5th 2012 - Soho House, Birmingham

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Sun Jul 31 18:54:41 BST 2011

Historical Section Meeting - Saturday May 5th 2012, Soho House, Birmingham

====================

We are pleased to announce a section meeting for the BAA Historical Section

Date:     Saturday May 5th 2012
Time:     10:00 - 18:00
Venue:   Soho House, Handsworth, Birmingham

Soho House was the home of Matthew Boulton, eighteenth-century industrialist
(he features on the new fifty pound note) and meeting place of the Lunar Society,
whose members included James Watt, Erasmus Darwin and Josiah Wedgewood.

We would like to have a theme of  "Astronomy in the Industrial Age (1700-1900)"
but we'll consider offers of talks on all subjects. Please contact the director if
you would like to be considered.

More details to follow. Hope to see you in May 2012!

Historical Section Director: Mike Frost         frostma at aol.com
Deputy Director: Lee Macdonald                  lt at macdonald42.freeserve.co.uk