[BAA-ebulletin 00691] Joint Comet-Asteroid Section Meeting: Saturday 6 October, Milton Keynes

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Thu Aug 23 11:07:08 BST 2012

Dear BAA Member,

We are holding the first-ever joint Section Meeting of the Comet Section
together with the Asteroids and Remote Planets Section on Saturday 6th
October 2012 at The Open University, Milton Keynes

The meeting is entitled "Observing Projects with Asteroid-Comet
Connections".  We have speakers from UK universities, Italy, Ireland and the
USA. Our first keynote lecture will be by Dr Simon Green on "Sample return
from asteroids and comets".  Gareth Williams of the Minor Planet Center is
another of our speakers.  An objective of the meeting is to encourage the
observation of asteroids and comets, and to highlight the increasing
similarities between these two classes of object.  We should have plenty of
time for members to ask searching questions and to participate in
discussions.  There will also be several display boards, so do please bring
along some of your own observations and images to exhibit as there will be
opportunities for poster sessions during the lunch and the afternoon tea
break.  Thank you.

Do please come along and support the event, details of which can be found
at:

http://www.britastro.org/~rmiles/Documents/BAA_comet_asteroid_meeting_2012.pdf

N.B. This is an open meeting, all are welcome.  There is no charge and it is
not necessary to pre-register unless you require lunch to be provided
(£15.00) when it is essential that you reserve a place in advance.

Richard Miles
arps [at] britastro.org
2012 August 23