[BAA-ebulletin 00656] reminder of next Back to Basics Workshop

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Sun Feb 26 13:51:57 GMT 2012

I would like to remind you that the next meeting of the BAA will be
the Back to Basics workshop is on Saturday 17th March at St Cassian’s
Centre, Wallingtons Road, Kintbury, Hungerford, Berkshire. We do still
have some places so if you are interested in coming please send your
booking to the BAA office no later than 10th March. Details can be
found on the BAA website http://britastro.org/newburyb2b

The cost of this event is £8.00 to BAA members and £10.00 to
non-members (price includes refreshments and a Buffet Lunch,). The day
starts at 10:30 with registration and finishes at 17:30

The programme is below :-

10:30	Registration – Tea/coffee
11:00	        Official welcome – BAA President, Prof Bill Leatherbarrow
11:05	        So what astronomy can I do? – Hazel Collett
11:15	        What equipment & books do I need? – Dr Stewart Moore
12:00	Solar observing and Workshop – Lee Macdonald
13:00	Lunch
14:00	Lunar observing & Workshop – Prof Bill Leatherbarrow
15:00	Planet observing & Workshop – Dr John Rogers
16:00	Afternoon Tea
16:30	Simple imaging – Richard Fleet
17:15	Feedback, Q&A session & Raffle
17:30	Close