[BAA-ebulletin 00826] Reminder for the next BAA meeting on 13th December

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Sun Nov 30 05:15:32 GMT 2014

I would like to remind you that the next meeting of the BAA will be on
Saturday 13th  December in the University College London Christopher Ingold
Building. 20 Gordon Street, London, WC1H 0AJ.

This meeting is now heavily booked and we expect to have a waiting list.

The early booking offer for members closed on November 25th, but there are
still a few places left for which there will be a £5.00 charge (BAA members
and non members alike) - please contact the office immediately if you would
like to reserve a place.

Do let us know straight away if you have already booked, but will not now
be able to come, so that we can give your place to someone else.

Because we have so many people coming we will split the registration into
alpha sets so please go to the table appropriate to your surname to help
ease any overcrowding.

The programme for the afternoon is: -

14:30 - Welcome by the BAA President Mrs Hazel McGee, notices and Ordinary
Meeting. Presentation of the Sir Patrick Moore Prize
14:45 - Christmas Lecture - Lord Rees, The BAA Christmas Lecture: "The next
25 years in astronomy -- some hopes and speculations"
15:45 - Tea
16:15 - Prof Mike Barlow UCL - `Supernovae, red giant stars and the dust
content of galaxies at high and low redshifts.'
17:15 - Sky Notes - Nick James
17:45 - close

Doors open at *13:45* and the meeting will start at 14:30 and is due to
finish by 17:30. Tea will be served mid afternoon at 15:45. Please note
there will not be any tea before the meeting.

We will also have the BAA Sales Stand and Astronomia coming for you to
visit as it is an ideal time to buy those stocking fillers for Christmas.

Hazel Collett
Meetings Secretary