[BAA-ebulletin 00837] Near Earth Asteroid 357439 (2004 BL86) - Live feed

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Mon Jan 26 07:52:34 GMT 2015

Weather permitting the BAA is planning to broadcast a live feed of
images of this bright asteroid close-approach using my telescope in
Chelmsford.

http://britastro.org/liveobs/2004bl86.php

If all goes well we should first see the object around 1900UT as it
rises above my local horizon. At that time the object will be around
magnitude 9.6 moving at around 160 arcsec/minute (0.04 deg/min).

For a short while tonight this object will be brighter than 9th
magnitude and it will be visible in large binoculars or a small
telescope. For details see the article by Richard Miles on our website:

http://britastro.org/article_render/6171

Nick James.