[BAA-ebulletin 00949] Videos of the BAA Christmas Meeting, and a Christmas Quiz

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at lists.britastro.org
Wed Dec 14 18:06:01 GMT 2016

Dear BAA Member,

I am writing to let you know that the video of the December BAA
meeting is now available for viewing on the BAA web site:
https://britastro.org/video/7185

You’ll be able to catch up on the three excellent talks that were present:

- The 2016 Christmas lecture, 'Atmospheres on other worlds: the next
step for exoplanet science' presented by Dr Joanna Barstow (UCL)

- 'HIGGS IN SPACE: Particle Physics Amongst the Stars' by Dr Tom
Whyntie (Queen Mary University of London)

- Sky Notes for December and January by Nick James (BAA)

I hope you enjoying watching the talks. Please note that you needed to
be logged into the BAA website before viewing. The Sky Notes talk is
also freely available to all on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILyzGd8xHg

Do note the AGM talks given on 2016 October 26 are also still
available at: https://www.britastro.org/video/7184

As we are now entering the festive season, the website operations team
have prepared a Christmas Quiz for you to enjoy. You might wish to
test your own knowledge, or perhaps pit your wits against friends at
your local astronomical society. Whatever you do, we hope that you
will have some fun in the process!

You can access the quiz here: https://britastro.org/quiz2016

Answers will be appear at the bottom of that page next week, on 2016
December 19.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and plenty of Clear Skies in 2017! I
hope to see many of you at the first meeting of the new year at
Burlington House, Piccadilly, on 2017 January 21.

With every good wish,

Jeremy Shears
BAA President