[BAA-ebulletin 00917] BAA spectroscopy initiative - closing date 30th June

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Thu May 26 11:39:30 BST 2016

This is a reminder that bids for a Ridley Grant under the BAA spectroscopy initiative must be submitted to the BAA Office by 30th June. Remember to include a supporting case with the application form saying what you intend to use the equipment for and indicating a willingness to submit your observations to the appropriate BAA Observing Section.

We will be organising a hands-on training course later in the year with support from Shelyak for those acquiring an Alpy spectrograph under the scheme but we will also consider opening this up to members who may already have purchased a Shelyak spectrograph and would like help with analysing the data it produces. At the moment we are looking at the weekend of 28th - 30th October but this is provisional and may change.

David Boyd
2016 May 26