[BAA-ebulletin 00971] Part-time opportunity in the BAA Office.

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at lists.britastro.org
Tue Apr 4 12:59:56 BST 2017

BAA Systems Administrator and Web Content Editor.

We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent ITskills to support our existing Office operations, with a particular focus on maintainingour IT systems and our online presence.

This part-time role (nominally 1.5 days per week) will suitsomeone who is both technical and creative. Key aspects of the role includemaintaining the Office computers and assisting the Office staff with IT mattersrelating to the BAA membership database, finance systems and electronic paymentvehicles. The person will also prepare material to promote the benefits of BAAmembership, especially digital publicity. As Web Content Editor, the personwill be responsible for editing and uploading content to the BAA website,including posting articles prepared by Officers, Section Directors and othermembers.

The successful candidate must be familiar with a range of ITsystems, environments and solutions, including maintaining websites andinterfaces between different IT systems, and demonstrate an ability to maintainan online presence using common IT toolsets. An understanding of the aims andobjectives of the BAA and a demonstrated interest in astronomy, particularlyits promotion to the scientifically interested public, is essential.

To apply

Full details of the position and how to apply can beobtained from the BAA Business Secretary, Bill Tarver, at williamtarver at yahoo.co.uk.Applications must arrive before midnight UK time on Friday, 2017 April 14.