[BAA-ebulletin 00729] Reminder of next BAA Back to Basics Workshop in Durham

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Fri Feb 22 11:55:25 GMT 2013

I would like to remind you that the next meeting of the BAA will be
the Back to Basics workshop on Saturday  9th March at Collingwood
College, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LT. We do still have some places so
if you are interested in coming please send your booking to the BAA
office no later than  Friday 1st March. Details can be found on the
BAA website http://britastro.org/Durhamb2b

The cost of this event is £10.00 to BAA members and £12.50 to
non-members, Under 16's £5.00 (price includes refreshments and a
Buffet Lunch,). The day starts at 10:30 with registration and finishes
at 17:45

The programme is below :-

10:30	Registration – Tea/coffee
11:00	Official welcome – BAA President – Bill Leatherbarrow
11:05	So what astronomy can I do? – Hazel Collett
11:15	What equipment & books do I need? – Bob Marriott
12:00	Solar observing and Workshop – Lyn Smith
13:00	Lunch
14:00	Lunar observing & Workshop – Bill Leatherbarrow
15:00	Planet observing & Workshop – Michael Foulkes
16:00	Afternoon Tea
16:20	Simple imaging – Tony Morris
17:20	Double Stars – John McCue
17:40	Feedback, Q&A session & Raffle