[BAA-ebulletin 00832] BAA Christmas Meeting videos

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at britastro.org
Sat Jan 3 18:31:55 GMT 2015

Happy New Year everyone.

If you're looking for something to watch now that Christmas is over I
have just uploaded videos of the BAA Christmas Meeting to our website.
This fantastic meeting was attended by around 250 people and the two
main talks were:

- Lord Rees, BAA Christmas Lecture: "The next 25 years in astronomy,
some hopes and speculations"

- Prof. Mike Barlow, UCL - "Supernovae, red giant stars and the dust
content of galaxies at high and low redshifts"

I did the Sky Notes, many of which are still relevant now, including the
Quadrantids tonight, Comet C/2014 Q2 (Lovejoy) and a Near Earth Asteroid
pass towards the end of the month.

The videos are here:

http://www.britastro.org/video/5586

and you will need to be logged into the website to see beyond the first
two minutes. I've also put my Sky Notes on our Youtube channel so anyone
can watch it:

http://youtu.be/fhrR9CB7MWk

I hope those who couldn't get to the meeting find these videos useful.

Nick.