[BAA-ebulletin 00959] Reminder of the next Back to Basics Workshop in Swinton on Saturday 11th March 2017

BAA electronic bulletins service baa-ebulletin at lists.britastro.org
Sun Feb 5 13:01:59 GMT 2017

Dear All

We still have some places available at the next Back to Basics Workshop on
Saturday March 11th 2017 in SWINTON MASONIC HALL, 63 STATION STREET,
SWINTON, MEXBOROUGH S64 8PZ

If you are new to observational astronomy, or coming back into this and
want an refresher. Or if you know someone (not a BAA member) who is
interested then this workshop will be ideal. The programme of talks and
practical sessions are aimed to help you learn basic techniques and develop
your interest to its full potential. Experienced people will be on hand to
answer your questions throughout the day.

The cost for the meeting is £8.00 BAA Members & children under 16. £10.00
for non-members. Price includes refreshments and a buffet lunch.

We are pleased to advise the following retailers will also be coming, BAA
Sales, W&W Astro and The Far-Sighted Binocular Company,

If you would like to attend please contact the BAA office (Telephone: 0207734
4145) by 1st March or you can book on line via our website
www.britastro.org/swintonb2b

Programme of the day

10:00 - Registration – Tea/coffee

10:30 - Official Welcome – BAA President – Dr Jeremy Shears

10:35 - So What Astronomy Can I Do? – Hazel Collett

10:45 - What Equipment and Books Do I Need? – Dr Jeremy Shears

11:30 - Lunar Observing and Workshop – Prof Bill Leatherbarrow

12:15 - Lunch

13:15 - Mexborough and Swinton Astronomical Society -  Paul D’Silva

13:30 - Planet Observing and Workshop – Mr Mike Foulkes

14:15 - Radio Astronomy - Paul Hyde

15:30 - Afternoon Tea

16:00 - Imaging for beginners – Tony Morris

16:45 - Feedback, Q&A session & Raffle

17:00 - Close.

I look forward to seeing you then

Regards
Hazel

--
*Hazel Collett*
*Meetings Secretary For the British Astronomical Association*

*Registered Charity No. 210769*