- What's observable? - make an observing list & finder charts.
- Mean orbital elements of the major planets.
- Orbital elements - a table of orbital elements by date for the orbits of the planets, together with a brief description of the coordinate system used.
- The Galilean satellites of Jupiter.
- The 8 main satellites of Saturn.
- Julian date - calendar converter.
- Heliocentric JD - for variable star observers.
- Date/time intervals - eg, for variable star min/max prediction.
- Camera field of view and star trail calculator
- Angle subtended, object size and distance - calculate 3rd from any 2.
- Altitude and azimuth - Altitude and azimuth for fixed objects at different locations.
- Hopper - a downloadable tool to assist finding faint targets at the telescope. This is a Java desktop application.
We are open to ideas for further software that may be useful to observers. Please contact Steve Harvey.
PLEASE report any problems you find, so we can fix them.