About the British Astronomical Association
This blog contains the latest news and views on observational astronomy from the UK’s leading amateur astronomers.
Formed in 1890, the British Astronomical Association (BAA) has an international reputation for the quality of its observational and scientific work. Membership is open to all persons interested in astronomy.
- The encouragement of all aspects of observational astronomy and the association of observers at all levels for mutual help.
- The promotion of a general interest in astronomy for beginners as well as for the more advanced.
- The circulation of current astronomical information and observational material.
- The support of modern advanced techniques for observation, data handling and scientific presentation of results.
- The presentation of medals and prizes in recognition of outstanding contributions to astronomy.
To join the BAA click here