This is a place where all BAA members are welcome to post questions and exchange ideas with other members. If you have not yet joined the BAA, you are welcome to read any posts, but you may not join in the discussion.
The BAA values freedom of expression and lively debate, but we have a few basic guidelines to ensure the discussion remains friendly and welcoming. If you are in any doubt whether a post is appropriate, the webmaster will be pleased to offer advice.
- Be respectful, polite and welcoming to others, even if you disagree with them.
- We ask that contributors to the forum and member pages use their full name, to promote a sense of collegiality and community amongst our members.
- We strongly advise that you do not disclose personal information to others. Do remember that the Forum and Member Pages are visible not just to BAA members, but to the whole world. If you wish to exchange contact details with other members, the Forum and Member Pages are not an appropriate place to do it.
- The BAA does not endorse any of the opinions expressed in the Forum and Member Pages. Even posts made by the BAA’s Trustees, Council members and officers reflect their personal opinions, not those of the Association itself.
- Personal “for sale” ads are permitted (along the lines of those printed in the BAA Journal) but not business advertisements. The transaction is the responsibility of the seller and purchaser.
- All posts must be in English. We do not have the resources to moderate posts in other languages.
- The moderators may remove inappropriate postings.
- If you feel our forum moderators have been unreasonable in their treatment of you, please raise this by private email to the webmaster.
Copyright of all images and other observations submitted to the BAA remains with the owner of the work. Reproduction of work by third parties is expressly forbidden without the consent of the copyright holder. By submitting images to this online gallery, you grant the BAA permission to reproduce them in any of our publications.