Observation by Martin Butcher: M74 - The Phantom Galaxy
2012 Oct 16 - 22:22
2021 Mar 28 - 18:24
Position angle: +1°28'
0°44' × 0°30'
- Meade LX-90 8" telescope fitted to its field tripod by an equatorial wedge.
- LX-90 Periodic Error Correction enabled.
- Dew Removal straps fitted to telescope and camera lens
- Telescope and camera powered by Mains Power.
- Stock Canon 40D with 200mm f/2.8 lens stopped down to f/4
- Telescope driven but unguided
Twenty sub-exposures each 3 minutes long taken at ISO1600
Isle of Colonsay
M74 - The Phantom Galaxy