Observation by Martin Butcher: NGC 1499 - The California Nebula
2010 Jan 06 - 20:55
2021 Apr 02 - 19:32
Position angle: -1°23'
4°48' × 3°10'
- Meade LX-90 8" telescope fitted to its field tripod by an equatorial wedge.
- LX-90 Periodic Error Correction enabled.
- Dew Removal straps fitted to telescope and camera lens
- Telescope and camera powered by Mains Power.
- Stock Canon 40D with 200mm f/2.8 lens stopped down to f/4
- Telescope driven but unguided
Twenty sub-exposures each 3 minutes long taken at ISO1600.
Isle of Colonsay
NGC 1499 - Hydrogen emission nebula.
NGC 1499 - The California Nebula