Observation by Martin Butcher: M38 - The Starfish Cluster
2010 Nov 15 - 01:01
2021 Apr 02 - 20:17
Position angle: +20°54'
0°56' × 0°36'
- Meade LX-90 8" telescope fitted to its field tripod by an equatorial wedge.
- LX-90 Periodic Error Correction enabled.
- Dew Removal straps fitted to telescope and camera lens
- Telescope and camera powered by Mains Power.
- Stock Canon 40D with 200mm f/2.8 lens stopped down to f/4
- Telescope driven but unguided
Thirty one sub-exposures each 30 seconds taken at ISO1600
Isle of Colonsay
M38 - Open star cluster
M38 - The Starfish Cluster