Observation by Martin Butcher: M42 and M43 - The Orion Nebula
2010 Dec 12 - 23:04
2021 Apr 05 - 16:07
Position angle: -1°34'
3°24' × 2°13'
- Meade LX-90 8" telescope fitted to its field tripod by an equatorial wedge.
- LX-90 Periodic Error Correction enabled.
- Dew Removal straps fitted to telescope and camera lens
- Telescope and camera powered by Mains Power.
- Stock Canon 40D with 200mm f/2.8 lens stopped down to f/4
- Telescope driven but unguided
Twelve sub-exposures of 3 minutes, 60 seconds, 15 seconds and 4 seconds long each. All sub-exposures taken at ISO400.
Isle of Colonsay
M42, M43 duo
M42 and M43 - The Orion Nebula