Observation by Martin Butcher: M48 - An open star cluster
2012 Dec 11 - 05:02
2021 Apr 06 - 17:59
Position angle: +1°09'
1°01' × 0°41'
- Meade LX-90 8" telescope fitted to its field tripod by an equatorial wedge.
- LX-90 Periodic Error Correction enabled.
- Dew Removal straps fitted to telescope and camera lens
- Telescope and camera powered by Mains Power.
- Stock Canon 40D with 200mm f/2.8 lens stopped down to f/4
- Telescope driven but unguided
Thirty sub-exposures each 30 seconds taken at ISO800
Isle of Colonsay
M48 - An open star cluster