Observation by Martin Butcher: NGC3242 - Ghost of Jupiter
2012 Dec 11 - 05:25
2021 Apr 08 - 19:19
Position angle: +1°08'
0°30' × 0°20'
- Meade LX-90 8" telescope fitted to its field tripod by an equatorial wedge.
- LX-90 Periodic Error Correction enabled.
- Dew Removal straps fitted to telescope and camera lens
- Telescope and camera powered by Mains Power.
- Stock Canon 40D with 200mm f/2.8 lens stopped down to f/4
- Telescope driven but unguided
Forty sub-exposures each 30 seconds taken at ISO400.
Isle of Colonsay
NGC3242 - Ghost of Jupiter