Reply To: A possible cosmological paradigm?

Forums General Discussion A possible cosmological paradigm? Reply To: A possible cosmological paradigm?

Ken Whight
Participant

I know I posted that I thought this topic had most probably gone as far as it could but, I have another point to make to support the idea that the universe might resemble a converging numerical simulation:-
In the Copenhagan interpretation of Quantum Mechanics the act of observation by an external observer causes the wavefunction of the system being observed to collapse to one of the allowed states with a probability that is calculable. The problem is that when applying QM to the universe as a whole there are no extermal “observers” so we are forced to the multiverse where everything that can happen does (but why am I not in that universe where I won the lottery the one time that I actually did buy a ticket?). In the paradigm I am suggesting, the observer and the system evolve together to the tick of the external clock so one universe one result with order evolving out of chaos like a growing snowflake.