Home › Forums › Spectroscopy › Data required › Some progress
18 March 2017 at 2:05 pm #578038
Dr Andrew Smith
Following the tutorial at http://www.twilightlandscapes.com/IRAFtutorial/ I have managed to extract a spectrum from Robins data on HD28305. I still have to calibrate it and there is no instrument response.
The tutorial uses some basic function rather the more complex ones so it has been good for learning what is going on.
The extracted profile would display in ISIS so moving between the packages should be quite possible.
The IRAF package is good at displaying image statistics and for these short exposures the bias and flat frame were not statistically different apart from the hot pixels so I just used the bias frames.