Blog UP-date 211DF and 211DH

Forums General Discussion Blog UP-date 211DF and 211DH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Posted by Paul A Brierley at 11:14 on 2011 Jun 05

I just thought you might be interested. I have UP dated my blog with a report, and image’s, of the two recent supernovae, that are currently visible.http://paulsdeepskywonderings.blogspot.com/Thanks to these supernovae. I am now finding something worth while to do, rather than just taking pretty picture’s. And I hope to begin capturing more SN, as and when, I have the time, or the skies are clear. It really is interesting to push my humble equipment to it’s limits and record these feint supernovaeIt is even possible that I might subscribe to the Astronomer, once I have found my feet.

Posted by Gary Poyner at 13:58 on 2011 Jun 05

Paul,Speaking with my ‘TA’ hat on, the Astronomer would welcome you on board. Could be a good move for you :-)Gary

Posted by Paul A Brierley at 06:32 on 2011 Jun 06

Thanks Gary,I will look into Gold membership of TA in PDF later this month. As you say it could be good for me.

Posted by Paul A Brierley at 06:51 on 2011 Jun 06

Hi Gary,I have a couple of questions for you.1. What software do you use for Photometry? 2. How difficult is Photometry. Can a novice like me do it?

Posted by Gary Poyner at 10:20 on 2011 Jun 06

Hi Paul,I use AIP4WIN, although there are others available (Maxim DL) to which I am totally ignorant. Others may wish to comment here.Yes it’s fairly easy to do (using AIP), but there are pitfalls of course, as in most things. I had 30 minutes tuition from Jeremy Shears at a VS meeting a few years ago, and that was all I needed (a good teacher though). I was a complete novice, being a visual observer for all of my observing life. If you decide to go that way, then there are plenty of people in the BAA VS community who will gladly help you out should you need it. And you can include me in that.Joining TA is a two way thing, and your submitted observations/images will be of benefit to ‘TA’ as well as ‘TA’ being of benefit to your observing. There! Never one to miss a sales pitch :-)Gary

Posted by Paul A Brierley at 18:02 on 2011 Jun 06

Thanks once again Gary.I will look into AIP4Win, but I will do some reading up first.I think, I will sign UP on pay-day, for membership of TA.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.