NLC display visible from Macclesfield, Cheshire.

Forums Atmospheric Phenomena NLC display visible from Macclesfield, Cheshire.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Posted by Paul A Brierley at 09:46 on 2012 Jun 29

Whilst walking back home from the pub last night, the skies were reasonably clear, and transparent.I did my usual scan of the sky to see what was visible. I noticed a patch of blue-white cloud, visible in my North-Western sky. Other clouds that were visible, were dark. which made me suspect, I was seeing NLC.I saw these between 22:45hrs and 22:50hrs UT.I have seen a report and some images, of an NLC display seen from Norfolk around 00:30hrs ut. And wonder if this is the same display that I saw starting.Can somebody please confirm, this report?

Posted by Denis Buczynski at 18:04 on 2012 Jun 29

Hi Paul,My wife Liz tells me that she saw a minor display of NLC around midnight BST in the N and NW sky. Only a few thin slver blue wisps, not as distinct as other displays we have seen here this seasonat Portmahomack in NE Scotland at +58d N.Denis Buczynski

Posted by Paul A Brierley at 18:51 on 2012 Jun 29

Thank you Dennis.This display did look very minor. It’s the first time that I have seen NLC. And now I know what to look for. It will give me something to do during these light nights.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.