Monday, 2015, November 30 - 17:56
Comet related resources
- Former Comet Section Director, Jonathan Shanklin's BAA visual observations page includes predictions and analyses of current and past comets.
- Roger Dymock's Project Alcock website includes various tutorials on observing techniques.
- The Comet Observations Database (COBS) is the place to submit observations and get details of current magnitudes. If you are a BAA member please select this when you register. We can then directly extract your observations for use in our analysis.
- You can get ephemerides for any object from JPL's Horizons website or the MPC ephemeris service.
- The German Comet Group is an excellent source of up-to-date comet information.
- The Yahoo group comets-ml is a good place to find the latest observations.