Reply To: Moon solves Hubble tension

Forums General Discussion Moon solves Hubble tension Reply To: Moon solves Hubble tension

Dr Paul Leyland
Participant

Daryl wrote in https://britastro.org/forums/topic/moon-solves-hubble-tension#post-609557

Do we have the embryo of a new BAA section the Jaffa Section as clearly there is a lot of research to be done especially with the variation of recipe’s around

The Oxford University Astronomical Society conducted a great deal of research into the physics of the Jaffa Cake back in the 70’s and early 80’s. I can still remember some of the results and perhaps there are other ex-OUAS members of that era who are now BAA members.

I seem to remember that the symmetry of the ground state ensemble was something like quintuplet-N-27/2 with at least four excited states known. The Jaffa Cake is not a fundamental particle in that it has substructure composed of chocons, jamons and cakons, the last of which decay into crumbons.

It is a great pity that this topic came up too late for Heather Couper to contribute. I am certain that she partook in that research.