Reply To: Issues with ISIS Tutorial for Star Anayser

Forums Spectroscopy Issues with ISIS Tutorial for Star Anayser Reply To: Issues with ISIS Tutorial for Star Anayser

Jomider
Participant

Thank you so much Robin for the encouragement – I was determined to master it. I didn’t spot anything on cropping but I see it now… I missed the tip as you suspected… seems more like an essential step!

I cannot tell you how excited I was when it worked – Thank you so much, I could not have done it without you – screenshot attached. All ready to do my own now once I have done my darks and flats and offsets – just need to work that out now and then wait for the clouds to roll away. 3C273, here we come! I wanted to learn ISIS because I suspect I will get an Alpy at the first opportunity.

I can do my flats with a tungsten lamp right? can I use an LED lamp instead, do you think?

I will have a look at the other resources – I did go through David’s US talk, but got a bit lost at flux and rectification – my career has been in life sciences not physics, so more work to do there – thank you, I’ll look at your website.

Many many thanks Jonathan

Attachments:

Jonathan