4th European Variable Star meeting (EVS2019), Sept 14-15 2019

Forums Variable Stars 4th European Variable Star meeting (EVS2019), Sept 14-15 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Boyd
    Participant

I have been asked to publicise the website for the 4th European Variable Star meeting (EVS2019) at the public observatory MIRA in Grimbergen, Belgium, on Sept. 14-15 2019. It is now available at http://www.evs2019.be

This gives information about the conference, the chosen hotel close to the conference site (a few 100 meters), how to reach the conference site, the invited speakers, deadlines and most importantly the registration page. It also contains a link to the final poster of the conference.

All variable star observers will be welcome.

David

Jeremy Shears
    Participant

Many thanks for the reminder, David.

I have now registered for the conference.

I would be interested to learn if any other members will be travelling to the meeting.

David Boyd
    Participant

I am forwarding the following message on behalf of Josch Hambsch:

Dear BAA members,

The preliminary program of the EVS2019 is now online. You can find it under the Program tab on the website http://www.EVS2019.be. You are welcome having a look.

You are also still welcome for a presentation.

I look forward to welcome BAA members in Belgium.

Best regards,

Josch Hambsch

Organizer EVS2019

Eric Watkins
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

certainly one that I’m interested in Josch mentioned it to me a few months ago but I waited until the programme appeared. A busy time for me and I need a new passport, but will look into the possibility.  Interesting programme.

Eric

Jeremy Shears
    Participant

Good to hear you might be able to attend, Eric.

I’m staying in the conference hotel in Grimbergen the Friday and Saturday nights. Which is probably just as well since Grimbergen is well-known for its Trappist beers.

I wonder if anyone else is going from the UK.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.