Canon ESP 100M mirror less camera

Forums Imaging Canon ESP 100M mirror less camera

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alan Dowdell
    Participant

I have for. Some years used Canon 600D for astro work but I may need to replace it. Looking at the market the Canon 100M body seems to have good specification. It’s light, it has a fold out screen and can be controlled via a mobile phone. It has the ability to take the whole range of Canon lens as well as non Canon. Before I decide to try one or find a traditional ALT body has any body have experience of using one for astro work?

Views please  ,Thanks 

Nick James
    Participant

I don’t have any experience with Canon mirrorless cameras but I have a Sony A7 and it works very well. I have got used to the fact that I have to turn the camera on to see things through the viewfinder and you get a lot of image sensor are in a very lightweight body. The very short back focus is also nice since, with a suitable adaptor, you can use some very good, old prime lenses that you can’t use on EF mount cameras. It is worth noting that you will need an adaptor to use your existing EF lenses on this camera since the EF-M lens mount  on the mirrorless cameras is designed for much shorter back focus lenses. I hope that the Canon mirrorless cameras use the same raw format as their DSLRs do. It is a well designed format that is really raw. The Sony raw format is absolute rubbish.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.