David Lukehurst

Forums General Discussion David Lukehurst

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Watkins
    Participant

I have only just learnt that David Lukehurst of Nottingham, a prominent maker of Dobsonian telescopes, passed away unexpectedly on 4th January, 2024.
    David made a wooden optical tube assembly for an 16″ F:6 mirror I had and mounted onto a Paramount MA gem. The system works well and is used for photometry of comets and asteroids.

David was a quiet, soft spoken gentleman who’s work and word could be relied upon. I had hoped to have had further dealings with him, but alas yet another British telescope maker passes over.

My condolences to his wife, family and friends.

Eric Watkins

Tony Vale
    Participant

I was very sorry to hear this news. I met David about 8 or 9 years ago when I went to his home to collect a 16″ Dob which he had built for me. Whenever I use it I think of the superb craftsmanship that went into its construction.

John Nichol
    Participant

Very sorry to hear this I was pleased to be able to supply David with many mirrors for his telescopes. Always a pleasure to deal with, thinking of his family and friends at this difficult time.

John Nichol

S J Briggs
    Participant

Very sad news, have always been a pleasure to deal with David, he was a skilled telescope maker.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Simon Briggs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.