Forum useage

Forums General Discussion Forum useage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Posted by Paul A Brierley at 21:44 on 2012 Feb 23

How offten does the membership use this forum?I ask. Simply because. I never seem to read anything new.And just wondered whether the forum wasn’t proving popular.

Posted by Callum Potter at 12:00 on 2012 Feb 24

Hello Paul,difficult to say…We have around 1219 members registered for the website and able to access the members only area and the forum.In the last seven days, there were something like 72 different members who logged on to the members only area. Unfortunately its a bit of chicken and egg – more people will post if there is more activity, but need more people to post to generate that activity.And there are a lot of forums out there, that i expect many subscribe to as well…Callum

Posted by Graham Relf at 12:29 on 2012 Feb 24

2 things put me off using the forum: (1) I have to scroll way down to see it, (2) when I post a topic to try to get people to use our Computing sub-site, the entry rapidly gets pushed down and out of the window.So there needs to be a longer summary list of recent topics much higher up the home page.

Posted by Callum Potter at 13:47 on 2012 Feb 24

Well, happy to give that a try…Of course, the more people that post, the more quickly your post will drop out the list…Managing real-estate on the front page is a big problem – I had in mind originally, for the various ‘modules’ to be arrangeable or shrunk/expanded according to your preferences, but I could not find an easy way to do that. Perhaps the new person (whoever that might be) will have some good ideas. Cheers, Callum

Posted by Graham Relf at 16:49 on 2012 Feb 24

That was quick Callum! I scrolled down automatically as usual only to find the forum box gone: moved and expanded. Well done. It will be interesting to see whether it makes much difference.

Posted by Nick Atkinson at 17:34 on 2012 Apr 07

I hav e found the forum really useful. This especially true when I have needed advice from more experianced observers or technical advice on CCD etc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.