Geminids

Forums Meteors Geminids

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bill Ward
    Participant

Hi,

The weather was very poor throughout most of the Geminids this year with the fortunate exception of a few hours on the early morning of the 14th. Right on the peak : – ))

Despite a good haul of meteors I only captured 2 Geminid spectra. One was quite detailed the other not so much. However it did allow me to assemble a multi year, multi spectrum plot. Possibly the first time this has ever been done in the world of meteor astronomy.

With an ever growing library of spectra it is now only just becoming possible to look out for any significant changes in stream compositions.

Actually the thing that caught my eye with the Geminids isn’t seen in the graphs, it’s actually seen in the spectrum images!

More of that to come…..

Have a merry Christmas and a happy, clear sky, new year.

Cheers,

Bill.

PS. Appologies for the name on the graph, normally I try not to do such things but recently a large optical equipment manufacturer “borrowed” a few of my graphics. I was not asked nor credited on their page, So this is a slight precaution…

Bill Ward
    Participant

Hi,

My apologies, the plot seems to be missing from my original post, that was rather the point!

Here it is….

Bill.

PS, EDIT. OK now I am confused, it seems ok on this PC, perhaps there is a browser issue?

Computers!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.