Historical Section Newsletter 27

Forums History Historical Section Newsletter 27

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bill Barton
    Participant

The Spring 2023 Historical Section Newsletter has just been published.

Contents:

p.1 From the Director – Mike Frost
    p.4 Minor Planet Named After Pioneering Solar Photographer – Lee Macdonald
    p.6 Asteroids and the BAA – Mike Frost
    p.11 The 1973 June 30 Total Solar Eclipse – Bill Barton
    p.12 “The Journal of Astronomical History and Heritage” and the Astronomical History and Astronomers of the British Isles – Wayne Orchiston & Shi Yunli
    p.18 Observational Astronomy (can you identify the signatures?) – James Dawson
    p.19 Dates for your diary

If you don’t currently receive this and would like to in the future please contact either Mike Frost (Section Director) or Bill Barton (Deputy Director) to be added to the distribution list.

I have now (finally) uploaded newsletter 27 to the HS publications page
    https://britastro.org/document_folder/baa-document-store/sections/historical-section/newsletters
    Sorry for the delay – I’m still getting the hang of the new website. Thanks to Emily Bick for sorting me out.

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

Over the last few years I have been imaging asteroids named for people I follow Twitter and then tweeting the results.

I encourage others to join me in imaging asteroids named after (ex-)BAA members who have been likewise honoured. Over time we should be able to complete a comprehensive gallery.

If anyone is at least remotely interested I could add the ones already taken to my personal gallery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.