Leicester meeting

Forums BAA Events and News Leicester meeting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick James
    Participant

I’ve just arrived back from the BAA Autumn meeting in Leicester. I really enjoyed it and would like to thank all of the people involved in arranging it, particularly our meetings secretary, Hazel Collett, and our M&V section director (and sometime cosmologist) Paul Abel. The facilities were excellent and we had a really good range of speakers (and me). If you had thought about coming but didn’t then do think again for the next one. They are really good fun events and a great opportunity to meet up.

Paul G. Abel
    Participant

How many more times- I am not a cosmologist part time or otherwise! 😉 Seriously though, I am pleased it was a successful meeting and many of the people who attended have told me how much they enjoyed it! As you say the speakers and the venue were excellent and I’m particularly pleased that all of the speakers on the Saturday were experienced BAA members.

My thanks to everyone who helped make the meeting a success- I think we should have definitely have another practical astronomy meeting in the near future!

Nick James
    Participant

At least twice it seems…

How many more times- I am not a cosmologist part time or otherwise!

I know that but it was a convenient way to get back at you for your comment on my comet lightcurve. It did get a laugh.

Paul G. Abel
    Participant

Well quite!!

Pauline Phillips
    Participant

Totally agree, Alan Dowdell and myself thought it was a really worthwhile meeting, thanks to all involved! Good to meet old colleagues from the Leicester society too. We even had a celebratory visit from the ISS which flew right over the pub we were drinking in!

Peter Carson
    Participant

Yes, a good meeting, good company, and quality accommodation.
    The location also enabled members to attend from a wide part of the country.
    Thanks to all those involved in the organisation.

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.