Meteor LiveStream

Forums Meteors Meteor LiveStream

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John Berman
    Spectator

Hi

Im experimenting with a Live Stream of the Video and Audio of my Radio Meteor Detection- I intend to leave it running during Meteor Peaks – feedback on the Video and Audio would be appreciated

Meteor Live Stream

It would also be very useful to get 1000 Subscribers then I can have a custom channel name.

Regards
    John B

John Berman
    Spectator

Hi

Im experimenting with a Live Stream of the Video and Audio of my Radio Meteor Detection- I intend to leave it running during Meteor Peaks – feedback on the Video and Audio would be appreciated

Meteor Live Stream – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6s49a7gM94

It would also be very useful to get 1000 Subscribers then I can have a custom channel name.

Regards
    John B

Mike German
    Participant

As far as I am concerned it is running along absolutely smoothly. Watched it for 5 minutes  or so and saw one small meteor event – wrong time of day, I will have a look in the morning. We come up to the Maximum of the Daytime Arietids (171ARI) on 7th with possible ZHR of 3 – that should be worth looking at.  

Incidentally what settings are you using on Spectrum Lab to get a 30 second sweep.

Regards

Mike

Nick James
    Participant

Very useful stream. It’s running fine for me.

Eric Watkins
    Participant

Evening John,

It’s working fine for me and a great idea.  Now I can see for sure that my setup is far too noisy and needs moving outside.

Eric

Eric Watkins
    Participant

Evening John,

It’s working fine for me and a great idea.  Now I can see for sure that my setup is far too noisy and needs moving outside.

Eric

Michael O’Connell
    Participant

Works great.

How did you get Spectrum Lab to stream to YouTube?

Mike German
    Participant

John,

As others have said, great idea. Will raise inerest in radio meteor observations.  Great advestising for BAA-RAG – perhaps links to that website for practical how-to-do advice.  BTW I even saw your water pump leap into action!

A banner running across the screen every so often with BAA-RAG link 🙂

John Berman
    Spectator

Thanks for the feedback so playing around I can add text banners (but no hyperlinks)

So I have added a general BAA-RAG mention followed by the URL which we really need to get updated to something like https://britastro.org/RAG

I also added a banner underneath to remind people about the next Shower

The banners can be different sizes and colours so feedback welcomed ?

Streaming to YouTube is actually quite easy – you need a Channel on You Tube which is free and then on the source IE my laptop I am using some software called OBS Studio and its free

And allows you to stream – word of caution you can actually stream continuously and there appears to be no limit I tested on for 7 continuous days with no issues, however if a stream is over 12 Hours you cant edit the video later

If you look at my Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcUnm3jkSEakog3RWSZH9MQ/videos

You will see a video called Long Event at 18:00 UTC on 29 May 2020 – this is a cut from a streamed video that was let than 12 hours long – Hope that makes sense

I have attached my current spectrum lab script (I renamed it .doc from .usr)

Regards

John B

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.