New variable star charts

Forums Variable Stars New variable star charts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Hale-Sutton
    Participant

I have just noticed that there is a new chart for the variable stars TX and AH Draconis. Chart 106.04 seems to have superceded 106.03 with the only difference that I can see is that the star labelled ‘1’ is now marked in 106.04 as magnitude 7.0 rather than 7.1. Are we notified in some way when new charts become available? I am relatively new to all this and am not aware of how this is done.

Gary Poyner
    Participant

Hello Duncan,

News of the latest chart updates will be announced in the December Circular, which is available from December 1st.

John Toone also announced an update to the chart for BL Lac on our BAAVSS-Alert mail group on October 31st, as BL Lac is currently undergoing a rare bright state, and the sequence needed to be extended somewhat.

regards,
    Gary

Duncan Hale-Sutton
    Participant

Thanks Gary. I hadn’t added myself to the BAAVSS alert group, so I have requested this now. Can the new chart 106.04 be used in the online database already?

Duncan.

Gary Poyner
    Participant

Yes Duncan. If the chart is on the web, then observers are encouraged to upgrade their charts to include the new revised ones.

I haven’t yet been notified of your request to join the alert group. If nothing happens in the next 24h, drop me an email and I’ll do it manually.

Gary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.