Peranso

Forums Exoplanets Peranso

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roger Dymock
    Participant

Good afternoon,

Has anyone any experience they could share of using Peranso to process exoplanet phase curves or any other aspects of exoplanet analysis.

Regards

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

I’m a frayed knot.

There’s a nasty echo around here. 😉

(Sorry if the levity offends anyone. I’m feeling slightly hyper at the moment because I’ve just shut down the observatory after an unusually productive night.)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Dr Paul Leyland. Reason: Grrr. Spanish keyboard
    Richard Miles
    Participant

Roger,

Can you expand a bit about your phrase, “to process exoplanet phase curves”?

The software aims to identify periodicities in data, so it needs lots of data spanning many cycles. It might be helpful if you take everyone’s data going back several years and search for the periodicity that way.

Richard

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

To be a little more serious this time. I may be able to help to some extent, though not with Peranso (my “a frayed knot” comment) because I picked up a very low amplitude EA variable in my analysis of MAXI J1870+070 data. On that occasion I was lucky because an entire primary eclipse occurred in a single night’s data. Subsequent analysis of a few weeks data, not with Peranso, dug out the secondary minimum. The depths are about 25 and 10mmag respectively, well within the range of an exoplanetary transit. Until the secondary showed up I did wonder whether an exoplanet had been found.

All this took place almost five years ago and I will need to refresh my memory before more detail can be given. One of the projects still waiting for another delivery of round tuits is to see what else can be found in this data set and a few others waiting in storage.

Roger Dymock
    Participant

Hi Richard,

I am using the SLOOH 0.5m telescope to obtain 5 images per night of TOI-1259A b. After a month or so I will process these with Astoimagej for photometry and then construct a folded phase curve using Peranso. Only just started to learn the latter so might take a while.

Regards

Roger Dymock
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Sounds quite interesting especially about the secondary eclipse. Please let me know of any developments.

Regards

Peter Little
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your responses please let me know if you feel there is a way your skills could help us out.

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.