The UK Radio Astronomy Association was established in 2008 as a registered charity (registration no 1123866) by the British Astronomical Association’s Radio Astronomy Group (RAG). UKRAA’s objectives are to promote the science of radio astronomy and all branches of radio astronomical research.
UKRAA is a not for profit business. Any surplus income funds the development of new products and our outreach activities. To keep our prices low UKRAA relies on the contributions of volunteers. We need more volunteers who can contribute in these areas of expertise:
- Precision wood working to make up antenna kits and assembled antennas.
- Machining and mechanical assembly to make up the enclosures.
- Electronic assembly both through-hole and surface mount components.
- Software development
- Digital and analogue circuit design and PCB layout experience
- IT and Website support
- Writers for articles and manuals
- Stock control, book keeping and customer service.
Please contact me at email@example.com