AGM last month

Forums General Discussion AGM last month

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James Lancashire
    Participant

Hello wondered if the result from the elections has been posted yet?

Nick James
    Participant

James. The Business Secretary announced them at the AGM last month. The attached audio clip covers that part of the meeting. Note that this forum doesn’t allow the attachment of audio files (something to change I think) so download the doc file and change its extension to mp3 and it should then play.

Nick.

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

The Who’s who page has been updated with elected trustees and members of counci:

https://britastro.org/about-who

Cheers, Callum

James Lancashire
    Participant

Thanks that’s useful. I rarely get to London these days and by the time I recovered my ballot paper with some spare time for consideration of voting the deadline has passed. Any thoughts on e-voting as the RAS does?

Nick James
    Participant

E-voting has certainly been discussed by Council. We are all keen to significantly increase the number of members who vote and making voting easier is certainly one aspect of this. Another key point is getting more people to stand for Council so that we have a real contest. I hope that the change to the BAA governance that has been introduced this year under Hazel’s presidency will encourage more people to stand for Council now that the legal aspects have been transferred to the Board of Trustees.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.