Astronomical images and NFT’s

Forums General Discussion Astronomical images and NFT’s

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Strange
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience of selling astronomical images as NFT’s – Non Fungible Tokens?
    I have never before accepted any payment for any images, but I just had a weird request on X (formerly Twitter)
    to purchase some of my images for $2000/image! I am not in the Damian Peach league so I found it hard to believe this
    was a genuine offer. However, the purchaser explained that I would need to upload them to an NFT platform, open a
    digital wallet, and she would pay me in Ethereums (another bitcoin type digital currency). This all
    seems extremely weird to me but maybe someone could shine some light on this! When I looked at various NFT sites they
    just seemed to consist of digital art and cartoons, I can’t understand why they have any value! Is this some sort of scam?
    Thanks

David

John Berman
    Spectator

Hi David

Personally I would steer well clear of NFT’s
    99% of them are Scams.

Kind Regards
    John B

David Arditti
    Participant

Sounds 100% like a scam to me. I don’t know how it works, but one clue is that $2000 for an astronomical image is far too much. When I’ve had images published in books, the payment has been in the £10s range, never more than £100.

David

David Strange
    Participant

Thanks all, I’ve worked out how it works! You need to pay $300 up front to offer images for sale as NFTs!
    It was obviously a scam! Beware of offers too good to be true!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.