Cover for Skywatcher EQ 6 R Pro

Forums Telescopes Cover for Skywatcher EQ 6 R Pro

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kevin West
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a suitable (sized) cover for my new scope.
    I’ve been pointed to the Telegizmos ones sod by Widescreen Centre but it’s difficult to assess the correct size.
    I won’t be leavg any scope on the mount.
    Thanks

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

This may or may not be applicable for you but I use a standard small car cover (a cover for small cars, rather than a small cover for cars though there is little difference between the two concepts in practice). A motorcycle cover may be more suitable for a smaller scope.

My cover is too big but I don’t care. Rope and/or bungee cords take good care of any excess.

Nick James
    Participant

I use a cheap barbecue cover bought from Amazon for my NEQ6 when it is left outside. It has survived some pretty torrential rainstorms this summer.

Attachments:
    David Strange
    Participant

I used to keep my EQ6 out in all weathers covered with an upturned plastic dustbin topped off with a BBQ cover.
    Now resorted to a small 6’x6′ shove-off-shed that is 100% watertight and now leave mounted scope in there all the time with a mini tubular heater,
    simply because it saves so much time in opening up and closing down.

David

Jeremy Shears
    Participant

Whilst BBQs might be popular in Essex, up here in the north I have used a chimenea cover.

In the past I have used an upturned dustbin, as suggested by David, tho this was for a smaller mount. The EQ head was on a pier which passed through the dustbin lid, allowing the lid to be attached to the inverted bin thus providing more protection.

Kevin West
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for great suggestions

Gerard Fox
    Participant

I have found the Geoptik Large High Quality Telescope Cover quite useful for my EQ6 & CEM70 mounts.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Gerard Fox.
    Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for great suggestions

Seconded.

I have a rather, err, crappy Meade here which was shipped almost 5 years ago and never put into use. When the next delivery of round tuits arrive I will put it into a roll-off shed under software control

Until then, I have now decided to buy a BBQ or motorbike cover pro tem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.