Equipment available at PixelSkies

Forums Telescopes Equipment available at PixelSkies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dr Andrew Smith
    Participant

After three and a half happy years a PixelSkies I have decided to retire from serious observational astronomy. I have given in my notice but if anyone is interested in taking over the kit there please email/pm me asap and well before the 30 day period expires for detailed follow up.

Roughly it consists of a OO ODK 16 on a Paramount MEII with FLI Atlas focuser, On Axis guider, filter wheel with photometric filters ASI camera etc plus all the necessary supporting infrastructure.

If no one is interested I will making a road trip to bring it back to the UK to sell.

Regards Andrew

Mr Ian David Sharp
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I saw your lovely setup during my visit there last month.

As much as I’d love to have two piers there I don’t think I can stretch to that!

What I can say, for others who might be looking, is that the facilities there are superb and well managed. Spotlessly clean!

Best Regards
    Ian.

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

Andrew: could you post more detail please? This is the first time I’ve heard of “PixelSkies” and I am sure that many others have not done so either.

I don’t feel confident to publicise it more widely with so little to to on.

Paul

Dr Andrew Smith
    Participant

Paul, PixelSkies is a telescope hosting facility in Castillejar Spain. Its web site is here https://www.pixelskiesastro.com/ .

You can see my kit in some of the photos. It has been developed with more “sheds” since these photos were taken.

It is run by two of the most helpful people you could wish to meet. I have nothing but good to say about the facility.

Regards Andrew

Mr Ian David Sharp
    Participant

It is run by two of the most helpful people you could wish to meet. I have nothing but good to say about the facility.

I can second that. I’ve had a setup there for nearly 2 years. I’ve just replaced a 104mm APO with a C11.

Ian.

Lars Lindhard
    Participant

Can you tell anything about the costs? There must be a monhtly rent or something? and what is your price for the equipment?

Dr Andrew Smith
    Participant

Lars – I have sent you a PM

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

Lars – I have sent you a PM

Off topic but how did you do that? I don’t see a PM facility on the new website (something I miss)

Thanks
    Robin

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

It is a bit hidden away. When you are logged in, navigate to the forum home page. Next to create new message is personal messages.

https://britastro.org/community/forum/personal-messages

It can also be a little tricky to find some people depending on the name they have used.

Making this more accessible and easy to use, is on the list of things to do to the website.

Andy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.