February 2022 JBAA has gone AWOL today 06/04/2022

Forums Website News and Help February 2022 JBAA has gone AWOL today 06/04/2022

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mr Leonard Entwisle
    Participant

Just a short note to flag the JBAA February 2022 image for link has gone AWOL today. No doubt it will pop up again shortly with the April Journal ?

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

Hi Len – yes, we know – we were uploading the April Journal and a couple of things went awry.
    It should (and the April Journal) be back before too long.

Callum

It seems the April journal has gone up but with a very strange name. It looks like something may have gone wrong there too.

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

Looks to be working ok here now.

How does the “Search” feature on https://britastro.org/journal-page work ? I tried entering something in the box, it whirred for a bit and then just appeared to reloaded the same page.

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

Hi Robun,

All the text of the journals is stored in a field and when you do a search this field is searched in all the journal issues.

So, if, for example, you searched on arbour – looking for articles by or about Ron Arbour you will get a lot of Journals returned (because there the address of Mike Frost is Arbour Close.

If you just type ron arbaor there will be matches on either ron or arbour

If you want to search on a phrase contain it in double quotes e.g. “ron arbour” and you should find Journals which have this phrase.

In the PDF viewer you can CTRL-f (or CMD-f) to show the find tool (in that PDF).

Hope this helps,
    Callum

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

Thanks Calum,

Impressive (I had used my own name, not expecting it to crop up in so many editions !)

Now that the Journal articles are catalogued in ADS and are open access there, does it still make sense to limit access to historic editions of the Journal via the website to members only ?

Cheers
    Robin

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

Are the scanned versions of the JBAA supplied to ADS by the BAA or do they generate them? I noticed that vol.128, no.3, p.187 seems to be missing there. Instead there are two copies of p 185 and some wrong numbering in this series
    https://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/full/seri/JBAA./0128//0000187.000.html

Cheers
    Robin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.