Person of the year

Forums General Discussion Person of the year

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

I found this on Twitter.

No apologies for making what might be regarded by some as a political statement because it is a very relevant political statement.

Attachments:
    Nick James
    Participant

Just for the record your attachment is a doctored version of the Time cover. The original is here. Whatever your views on Elon Musk you should have pointed that out. Twitter is not an ideal primary source for much.

Alan Thomas
    Participant

I don’t know if he can be regarded as ‘Person of the Year’, but he is certainly an interesting, innovative guy. Anyone who can shoot a Tesla car into space has to have something going for him. If only there were more like him – though I’d rather he didn’t clutter up near space with hundreds of pesky little satellites.

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

Thank you, you are quite correct. Mea culpa.

Daryl Dobbs
    Participant

Whatever people think of him, he has certainly shaken up the space industry. There’s an interesting book; Liftoff, Elon Musk and the desperate early days that launched Space X by Eric Berger. which apparently got Elon’s blessing even though he does get a bit of criticism, for instance expecting 18 hour days 6 days a week for his top people. Quite an insight into how he got where he is and the seemingly high staff turnover of his designers/engineers. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.