Photometry submission query

Forums Photometry Photometry submission query

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kwong Man
    Participant

Hi,
    I have just produced some data on SN 2024gy (supernova in NGC 4216). I am not sure what format (not mentioning the exact format of data) is required.
    What do you upload – is it a spreadsheet or a .txt format in comma delimited format ?
    Do you need charts of the magnitude vs JD_UTC, it is not clear to me.

Many thanks.
    Kwong

Andy Wilson
    Keymaster

Hi Kwong,
    The usual format is text with a tab delimiter. However, you do not need to concern yourself with the file type and layout. There are several software packages that can create a file in one of the BAA formats. These include MuniPack, ASTAP, AIJ or AIP4Win in combination with the BAA Photometry spreadsheet, and MetroPSF. This page has links to each of these software packages at the top of the page:
    https://britastro.org/vssdb/notes_submissions.php
    If you have a copy of MS Excel and are comfortable using it, then that might be a good option as I think you are already using AIJ. Otherwise ASTAP, MuniPack and MetroPSF are good options.
    I can’t give detailed advice on the individual packages, though I am sure there are members of this forum who can give advice on choosing which to use and how to use it.
    Best wishes,
    Andy (BAA Photometry Database Manager)

Kwong Man
    Participant

Thanks Andy. I will work my way through all of this information, very useful.

Kwong

Dr Paul Leyland
    Participant

I can’t give detailed advice on the individual packages, though I am sure there are members of this forum who can give advice on choosing which to use and how to use it.

I am a big fan of APT (Aperture Photometry Tool) and have scripts to convert its output into both BAA and TA format spreadsheets. Very willing to provide assistance and the scripts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.