Sunspots during recent TSE

Forums Sun Sunspots during recent TSE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve Holmes
    Participant

Having been lucky enough to have had an excellent view of the total solar eclipse on 8th April, I have been unable to find the “official numbers” of the two sunspots prominently visible that day, nor indeed any images showing them on an uneclipsed disc (labelled or otherwise). Can anyone help please?

Alex Pratt
    Participant
    Steve Holmes
    Participant

Thanks Alex. Seems I’ve had a bit of a blind spot as far as that image is concerned as I regularly look at Spaceweather but for some reason I just scrolled down looking for images while entirely failing to notice that of the Sun prominently displayed to the left! Doh!!

Callum Potter
    Keymaster

There is also an archive on the SOHO website.

E.g. for 8th April
    https://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/data/synoptic/sunspots_earth/sunspots_1024_20240408.jpg

Callum

Steve Holmes
    Participant

Yes, I did think of trying SOHO but also drew a blank so perhaps I was looking in the wrong place on their website. Thanks for giving me the correct link.

Lars Lindhard
    Participant

Having been lucky enough to have had an excellent view of the total solar eclipse on 8th April, I have been unable to find the “official numbers” of the two sunspots prominently visible that day, nor indeed any images showing them on an uneclipsed disc (labelled or otherwise). Can anyone help please?

Here is SOHOs picture from 8. April and my SeeStar photo fra 8. April 12.03 DST (UT +2)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.