Where is the blue dot?

Forums General Discussion Where is the blue dot?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Hale-Sutton
    Participant

Like a version of spot the ball, I have been looking at the picture of the moon on page 277 of the new journal wondering where the blue dot is (“the actual landing site [for the Indian Chandrayaan-3 mission], somewhere between Manzinus C and Simpelius N (indicated in blue)”). I can see the red clearly but I am sticking a pin in for where I think the blue is 🙂

Alex Pratt
    Participant

See the attached cropped image from the PDF version of the latest Journal.

Alex.

Attachments:
    David C Rayment
    Participant

The blue dot is 26 mm to the right of the red dot and about 2mm above. A magnifying glass may help.

Alex Pratt
    Participant

Blue dot marked by a white circle.

Attachments:
    Duncan Hale-Sutton
    Participant

Thanks Alex and David. I can see now it is obvious in the pdf version of the journal but it wasn’t very obvious in the printed version. Looking in better light I can now see it but it eluded me this morning. It seemed a bit like a “where’s Wally”. Tonally, it blended into the background or perhaps it is just me.

Robin Leadbeater
    Participant

It seemed a bit like a “where’s Wally”. Tonally, it blended into the background or perhaps it is just me.

No I could not spot it either but my wife had no problem seeing it and could not understand what the fuss was about ! As far as I am aware I don’t have defective colour vision but it needed a strong light for me to see it easily.

Alan Thomas
    Participant

Funnily enough, I had exactly the same experience – my wife saw it immediately – though I do have some colour recognition problems with my eyes.
    Alan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.